The Way of the Peaceful Warrior Book presentation Intro The author Dan Millman wrote book in 1980. It’s a mixture of an autobiography, telling things which really happened to him and a fantastic novel. He’s a professor for physical education and a member of the human potential movement.
Body and Mind FEAR AND PHOBIAS Face Up To Your Fears · Everybody’s afraid of sth. We have to face our fears. · Fears can cripple us in many ways, esp if they’re an excuse to protect ourselves agains taking risks. (If you don’t take risks, you don’t have much fear. and nothing else,
Biochemistry II Exam Questions Prüfungsfragen Biochemie II 29.02.2008 06.03.2009 08.01.2010 Fatty acid biosynthesis 1. Which of the following statements concerning fatty acid biosynthesis are correct? If incorrect, give the correct answer! (2 points each) Fatty acid biosynthesis uses acetoacetate
LEXICOLOGY EXAM QUESTIONS
1. Lexicology as a branch of linguistics.
Word as an object of lexicology.
2. External and internal structure of a word. Formal and semantic unity of a word.
3. Syntagmatic and paradigmatic levels of studying a word.
Studying words synchronically and diachronically.
4. Etymology as a branch of linguistics. The differentiation of the present-day English vocabulary.
5. The earliest group of English borrowings.
6. The Germanic element of the English vocabulary.
7. The Norman French borrowings.
8. The Renaissance Period borrowings.
Borrowings of the 17-20th centuries.
9. International words. Etymological doublets. Assimilation.
10. Classification of morphemes from the semantic point of view.
11. Classification of morphemes from the structural point of view.
The main types of word-formation in English.
13. Affixation. Suffixes. Prefixes.
14. Classification of affixes from the etymological point of view.
Semantics of affixes.
15. Conversion as a type of word-formation. Parts of speech affected by conversion.
16. Composition (compounding).
Structural types of compounds.
17. Shortening. Types of shortening. Stylistic characteristics of shortened words. Back-formation.
The main task is to study and to make systematic description of vocabulary referring to its origin, development and current use. Lexicology is concerned with words, variable word-groups, phraseological units and morphemes which make up words.
Vocabulary is the system of words and word groups (словосполучення) the language possess.